Tuesday 12 April 2011

And so it begins...

When I stopped writing my blog a few years ago I thought I’d never hear the end of it.
I did.
Now that no one hardly ever tries make me write a blog again I figured it’s time for a comeback.
I understand you might fail to see the logic in that, but its all very simple really and relates back to my inability to do as I’m told… and a few other things.

A lot has happen since I last put my life out there for everyone to read, but I’m essentially pretty much the same slight eccentric, sarcastic and opinionated chick and should most likely still come with a warning.
I’ve decided to abandon my native Swedish in favour of a more, shall I say accessible language and although my English leaves much to desire, I hope I can still make myself understood and that I wont give any self appointed language police too much of an itch.

So…

I arrived in Stockholm yesterday morning.
My cousin came and fetched me and my 23 kilo bag plus 11kilo hand luggage.
(no, I didn’t pay overweight. I batted my eyes. Am blonde and female after all)

Anyways…
The plan is that I am to work in Europe for a few months for starters and then see what happens after that.
It feels like a good plan.
Could be worse than to spend Summer in Europe and its quite exciting to not know too much about the future.
Anything resembling a forced routine (I.e. rot) should in my opinion be avoided like plague.
Besides, research has now found there’s a direct correlation between too much routine and Alzheimer disease.
True story.
Although fear of developing Alzheimer isn’t really why I’ve made sure to avoid nine-to-fives the last 10 years, but rather an excessive case of restlessness, inability to be still and a great allergy of boredom….
But worth a thought…

Now I’m in Sweden.
My country of birth.
Oh yes, I’m a Viking.
Maybe travelling and exploring is in my blood.
The Vikings Travelled and explored.
(They also pillaged, raped, killed and drank enormous amounts of alcohol, neither of which evokes any urges in me or could be considered my forte, but still…)

I’ve just embarked on a new adventure and I left all my worldly possessions (well, all but 34 kilos or so) in storage in Cape Town, which has been my home for the last four years.
It turned out to be quite a lot of stuff.
“Well you know how there’s always more stuff than you think” I said to my friend whose garage my stuff’s occupying.
“No I don’t. I’m not a woman” was his reply…
Hmpf!

Aaanywho, I need to get some much needed beauty sleep now.
Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment