Sunday 24 April 2011

Men, or lack thereof...

My voice is still gone.
It disappears once or twice a year for no apparent reason.
Mom says it’s the universes gift to the people who have to spend time with me.
Then she said she was only kidding.
I fail to see the humour in that statement..

I went into town with my dad and his gf last evening.
We took the bus as Swedish people DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!

The whole evening was like a trip down memory lane - starting with the bus.
It passed by my primary school and everything was just familiar and felt strangely like home.
It gave me the shivers.

I had made plans to meet up with an old girlfriend Madeleine at the pub and it was really nice to see her.
It’s only been two years since last time, but still.
Vi chatted (well she chatted and I hissed and whispered a bit) and had a beer and did some people watching.

It’s very interesting observing small town people.
I asked Madeleine what she does for guys.
I mean all guys worth the effort our age and up, are already married with kids (the best ones left town a long time ago) or she - and all of her friends has most likely already had something or other with them at some point during all these years here.
The single ones thirty and up are really… not even resembling anything close to a catch.
They just seem sad and out of shape and just not attractive.
She said she’s had to go younger.
Much younger.
Oh dear…

I am so glad I never got stuck in this town.
Not that getting stuck is in my nature - in anything.
To feel trapped or tied down is not something I deal very well with.
I know that leaves room to speculate whether or not I’ll ever find myself happy in one place or if I’ll continue to always be a searcher.
But I try not to think about the future too much.
The only thing I know for certain is that the guy who can tell me what to do has not yet been born.
Madeleine is very much like me in that perspective.
She just happened to have a child with a local guy and therefore HAD to stay.

I’ll take her with me on a trip soon.
She definitely needs it.

Now I’m gonna go for a walk (I.e. leisurely stroll as my hip still doesn’t permit anything but)

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment