Sunday 17 April 2011

Razzle and dazzle

Oh man what a nigh.
Friday that is.
Started out pretty mellow, as mad evenings usually do.
Luckily I found this black number hiding in the bottom of my bag.
My cousin said it looked like a maids dress from the 40ies and looked horrified when I slithered into a leopard printed pair of tights to pop it off.
She reluctantly agreed that above mentioned outfit was better than leisure pants and a T though, if only just.
After a glass of bubbly or two and a taxi ride, we arrived at Rose, just in time for the dinner.

Me and my cousin, Cecilia:


Got seated next to the fantastic host and my wonderful friend Josephine:


Had some wine with dinner, but kept mostly to water.
Felt like responsible adult.

It all went downhill from there really.

Went on to V after dinner.
Bouncer asked for my ID.
Am at that age where that question can be consider a compliment, if yet a slight inconvinience.
Told him that regrettably, I didn’t bring my ID as I’m thirty something and as such I didn’t really anticipate being mistaken for teenager, plus that my name would be on the list.
Luckily the last bit worked.
My cousin found it hysterical.
I on the other hand find it hysterical that everyone always points out that she looks like this Swedish popstar, Charlotte Pirelli.
She doesn't find that funny at all.

Anywho...

At V I went from responsible adult to silly tit.
Did something that I have never done, ever.
I danced on the sofa by our table.
Like really!!
In my world that’s something that you just don’t do.
And sadly I cant even blame the alcohol as I wasn’t more than a tad bit tipsy.
I’m just gonna put it down to my newfound zest for life and modus operandi; life’s too important to be taken seriously.
It was fun though!
I’m not saying I’ll ever do it again, but it was liberating in a way.
And who cares what other people think really?
I mean I’ve never really given a toss about how people feel about the way I dress and I love stirring things and is often described as quite quirky, opinionated and eccentric, so maybe finally acting a bit more rock and roll and less prim and proper isn’t such a bad thing after all…?

Time will tell…

No comments:

Post a Comment