Saturday 23 April 2011

Family politics

My family is mental.
Went to my dads with my sister, her man and my sisters best friend Katrin yesterday.

My parents have been divorced since -96, but their relationship - or lack thereof is a subject of many heated, sometimes very funny discussions.
As are their new relationships.
My moms remarried (since oh about 12 years) and my sister loathes her “new” husband with a vengeance.
The feeling is mutual though and they avoid each other like the plague - except for when my sister finds it necessary to slag him off to my mom just loud enough for him to hear it.
I usually try to keep out of the drama, but if asked I’d say she could do a whole lot better.
But then again, it’s her life and her time to spend (waste) whichever way she sees fit.

My dad’s not remarried, but has a long term girlfriend.
She’s well… I mostly keep quiet about that one to.
My sister doesn’t.
Surprise!

Yesterday the topic for the heated discussion was my dads girlfriend jealousy issues and the fact that she doesn’t care much for either me or my sister and makes no effort to hide her contempt.
I find it rather amusing and just act oblivious.
I hug her sometimes just cause I find it so amusing that she looks like she’s gonna puke when I do.

My sister did not hold back in the slightest yesterday and the funny thing is that my dad agreed with almost everything.
He’s all like macho man when his gf is not around and well, a bit whipped when she is.
She wasn’t around last night.
I laughed so hard and blessed the fact that I lost my voice and was therefore excused from participating in the discussion.
Although my sis did ask me a few yes/no questions at times.
When asked to name one positive thing about his gf I managed to hiss “she’s got big boobs…”

I’m not usually a fence sitter.
I am very opinionated and I am not scared to take a stand.
I just choose my battles.
I’ve tried to explain this to my sister, but she doesn’t seem to be able to grasp the concept.

So what if you don’t like your parents new partners?
You don’t have to live with them.
You just have to see them occasionally and for your parents sake you smile and contain yourself…
My sis seems to be unable to.
She is bloody funny though…
Like dr Phil with a potty mouth..

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment