Wednesday 13 April 2011

Frostbites

Due to my bad case of insomnia last night,  I sadly woke up looking like road kill today.
Not a fantastic look when one actually has to see people.
Sigh.

And it’s been all downhill from there.

Volunteered to walk my cousins little vermin to kindergarten and preschool.
(Well, my cousin decided and I agreed)
All well and good till I actually got outside and my face went numb.
I have not had a winter, any kind of winter for over four years and before that I’ve always made sure to stay away from the cold as much as possible as well.
I had totally forgotten what it feels like when your face freezes and would have liked to remain blissfully ignorant of that sensation.
To make matters worse, mini bug insisted on holding my gloveless hand the whole way there.
My fingers froze and fell off.
Well, almost.
It took us 8 minutes to get there and me like 3 minutes to get back - bad hip and all.
My face definitely had frostbites when I returned.
I could feel it.
My cousin pointed out that you probably can’t get frostbites from being outside for 15 minutes when its 3C plus.
I resent that remark.

At least this weather is a good excuse for hot chocolate.

Laters…
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment