Tuesday 12 April 2011

New obsession

I still can’t really get my head around the fact that I’m in Sweden.
So far I’ve mostly stayed inside, sorting out some admin and drinking coffee.
My cousin and her hubby are obsessed with coffee.
They have one of those fancy, shiny coffee machines that you put different coloured, tiny, tin containers in and that froths your milk perfectly.
Its kind of addictive - the coffee that is.
The machine itself is an accident waiting to happen with all its little buttons, blinking lights and pipes having to be set at right angles.
It’s like the VCR machine of the 21th century.
I mean do you honestly know of anyone who managed to master the automatic record function on their VCR back in the days?
You had to be McGuyver to work one of those fuckers…

Anyways…

I just looked at the thermometer and got quite excited when I saw it showing 21C.
Then my cousins husband kindly pointed out that I was looking at the indoor temperature.
The outdoor one (clearly marked “out”) sadly only shows 8C.
Damnit!
I think living in South Africa for four years have definitely desweded me in the ability to cope with lower temperatures although as my cousin pointed out: 8 plus is better than last months minus 15.
Thank God that I didn’t decide to come back then.
Christ on bike…

Maybe it isn't not such a bad thing I “over trained” and hurt my hip about two weeks ago.
Am very sceptical as to the plausibility of that explanation provided by my PT, doctor and nerdy gym friends, but decided to take their advice on the matter and take it easy for a while.
Granted, I did continue running and training for about a week after I first felt it, but still..
It's proven top be the perfect excuse to escape any outdoor activities for a while…
Plus I quite enjoy voltarens.
They make you sort of nice and fuzzy.
Dum da dum dum…

Oh, now it’s time for another coffee!
Have gone from one a day to 15-20 in the last two days.
I wonder how good that is for your health...?
Ah well...

Later kids…

4 comments:

  1. Vart tog din man vägen då? Är han kvar i CT? Fortfarande gifta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Fi! Hahah I used to have a similar blog! Love it and love your writing :)

    ReplyDelete